Compact USB-stick based WAV player.
The compact UPL16 USB-stick based WAV player is powered by a clean battery power supply that can be charged with an external 5V/1A adapter.
This battery power supply eliminates all mains power supply related issues.
The UPL16 has a Toslink output that eliminates ground loops and related ground loop interference.
It is a very clean digital audio source that is easy to use without hassle. Master clock scaling and low power operation provide a very low interference level.
The UPL16 supports up to 99 CDs and up to 99 tracks for each CD (9801 tracks in total) on a single USB memory stick. USB sticks can be identified by a number between 1 and 9999. Sequential or shuffle playback plus selectable extra information about the audio tracks.
The UPL16 supports 44.1/16 and 48/16. Status Information is displayed on a white LED display. The display is driven statically in order to eliminate switching noise.
Inside view with Lithium Polymer battery installed.
Why buy a UPL16 ?
- no fan noise
- no transformer noise
- no SMPS noise
- no display controller noise
- no flac/alac decoding noise
- no DSP noise
- no HDD noise
- no CD player servo/laser noise
Low power consumption:
- 244 milliwatts while playing 44.1/16 WAV
- 37 milliwatts in stand-by
- WAV files need not be de-compressed by processor but are just passed through, this saves power
- Charge with any 5V/1A (phone) charger that has a USB A port for charging
- UPL16 is only charged when ON/OFF switch is in the OFF position
- UPL16 is completely disconnected from charger while in ON position
- Single charger (not included) could be used to charge multiple devices by charging the devices one by one
- Bitperfect playback (how do you know if music streamed from PC/NAS/internet is bitperfect ?)
- Optical Toslink interface that offers perfect galvanic insulation with zero stray capacitance
- Simple playback of all CD/tracks with or without shuffle
- Create a playlist USB-stick by just copying selected CD/tracks and play with or without shuffle
- Playback experience similar to CD player
- By copying CD/tracks to USB stick you also have an extra backup of your music
- Playback stand-alone without PC, NAS, network or internet
|UPL16 Width||24 cm|
|UPL16 Length||15 cm|
|UPL16 Height||3,2 cm|
|RC Width||5,5 cm|
|RC Length||16,8 cm|
|RC Height||1,5 cm|
|UPL16 Charger (not included !)||DC 5V/1A - USB A socket + cable to USB B|
|RC Charger (not included !)||DC 5V/1A - USB A socket + cable to mini USB B|
|Output socket||1x Toslink|
|Input sockets||1x USB B socket for charging, 1x USB B socket reserved for firmware update|
|USB stick socket||1x USB A socket (front)|