UTOS USB to Toslink converter.
The UTOS is a USB stick size converter that plugs directly into the host USB socket, no USB interlink nor DC adapter needed. It is designed to produce low interference and a clean, low jitter S/PDIF signal.
It uses little power so it's ideal for use with battery powered hosts.
It is designed to produce low interference and a clean, low jitter S/PDIF signal.
It has 3.5mm Toslink output and a serial output for controlling the SVC by the host instead of the IR remote control.
Supports 44.1/16 .. 96/24, should also work with most other Toslink DACs.
Why buy a UTOS ?
- Small size, plug directly into host
- Powered by host
Low power consumption:
- 100 milliwatts while playing 44.1/16 WAV
- No drivers required
- Works with PC/Mac/Linux and most USB based streamers/software
- Works with iPhone/iPad using Lightning to USB3 camera connection kit
(keeps iPhone/iPad powered while playing by extra Lightning power connector)
- Bitperfect playback (if source is bit perfect !)
- Optical Toslink interface that offers perfect galvanic insulation with zero stray capacitance
- Optional control SVC volume controller from host
|Power supply||USB 5V from host|
|Output connectors||1x Toslink, 1x 2 pin header|
|Input connector||1x USB A|